Its never to early to start organising your ‘going into hospital bag’ and the earlier you do it the better. And once your bag packed you will still think of things to add to help you during the last few days of your pregnancy, your labour and the birth.
From around your 30th week of pregnancy you should start gathering all the essential items you will need for both you and baby while in hospital. To make things a little easier to organise, we have compiled two lists, one for your hospital bag and one for your baby changing bag.
One good baby changing bag should have enough room to store both sets of items so bear this in mind when choosing your bag style. Make sure to choose a baby bag with plenty of pockets and compartments and at least one insulated bottle pocket.
- Toiletry essentials, moisturiser, cleanser etc
- Hairbrush, hair dryer, etc
- Nightwear with a wide neck or buttons for breast feeding
- Nipple pads & cream
- Nursing bras
- Large comfortable undies as you may need to wear pads after giving birth
- Comfortable footwear
- Flip flops to wear in the shower
- 2 large towels & a facecloth
- Mobile phone charger
- Glasses case or contact lenses essentials
- Prescription medications, if you take any
- Snacks and drinks
- Comfy clothes for going home.